Monday, March 22, 2010

Prediction System Bracket Challenge: Rd 2 Update

In case you missed it, here’s the post that sets the scene.  And here (below the chart) are some things you might want to take into account, along with a grain of salt, when viewing these standings.

image

Not many surprises here – the same systems that did well in round 1 did well in round 2, and Sagarin- or Pomeroy-based systems occupy 4 of the top 7 spots.  Yet Another Basketball Blog’s champ pick of Duke (which, remember, would have been Pomeroy’s as well if I’d have filled out the bracket literally ANY day other than the day before the tournament) is looking like it may be what ends up setting that bracket apart from the rest, as I believe they’ll do a better job of getting by hobbled Purdue than Texas A&M did.

I’m excited to see my Similarity Scores tied with – and having more future possible points than – Pomeroy, though this obviously means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I mentioned it in the original post, but I’ll state it again – this scoring system overemphasizes the last couple rounds.  So at the conclusion of the tourney, I’ll look at the standings with few other round weightings, and see who comes out on top in each one.

Hope you enjoyed the crazy opening weekend.  It may never be the same

No comments:

Post a Comment